To put in writing the dogs we had is kind of daunting, as I couldn't remember all of them. But here goes.

T.Y. - (Thank You) she was the first dog I ever remembered but was a bad mom. I think she was colored off-white.

Singhot - (Sniff) not really our dog, but more of our cousin's pooch. Askal breed, had red-orange fur. What I remember about him? He was infected with rabies and killed another family dog (Singa) and a preggy cat (Rimacle, supposed to be the cat second to 'Miracle' a well-loved affectionate family cat).

Payat - (Thin) my first personal dog. Nobody loved him except me, because he is just aa whiner, and couldn't bark at strangers. Xenophobic too. But since nobody else loved him, one afternoon after coming home from elementary school, I was treated to azucena, and guess who's on the dish? I never ate dog meat ever since. Forgot his color.

Pandak - (Shorty) the most long-lived pooch we had (well, it's more of our neighbor's dog, but since our houses were so close together, it didn't matter). She was our first short-legged askal, with white fur and big dark spots on her back and face. She was the most quirky as well, and would go about in a prostate position for several minutes like a Moslem in prayer. She would also grin a toothy grin to welcome us when we arrive. There was a funny incident when we discovered she was trying to have mount another neighboring dog, Beauty (who had beautiful curly fur and short legs as well, but always have mange). Her bad habit was bringing home rotting garbage. She's also the first dog I know who could fart. She had many litter, but sadly, she outlived them all.

Gringo Brutus - my most beloved personal pooch. He was part of Pandak's second batch of puppies. He was the most magnificent askal I've ever seen. Short legs, dark muzzle, red fur, white socks, when he barks everybody is afraid of him. When he sits, he sits like a lion, chest up high and looking at his sorroundings like it was his property. Our house was always safe when he is around. I taught him how to jump for food. The funny incident I remembered about him was that he was able to get into our house through a chewed-up hole on the sawali door (Pandak also liked chewing it for some reason). When we came in, he was smack right center on a cot, on his back, legs spread apart and sleeping like the most satisfied mongrel in the world. He's as smelly as his mom and unfortunately learned from her the art of taking home rotting trash. Sometimes when it is stormy and the place where he sleeps is really cold and I find him shivering, I would sit beside him and stroke his fur and underbelly. What makes me sad is that I never get to know how he died. He wouldn't come home for days on end, probably finding a really tempting pile of garbage or courting some neighborhood bitch. Until weeks went by, and he just didn't come back.

Uk-uk - I was the one who suggested his name, because I wanted to make it hard for everybody to shout his name when they call him. He was supposed to be Gringo's successor, but he's a bit of a wimp. He has dark fur, and almost looks like Gringo except that his other ear is folded while the other one stands.

West - this one is my mom's beloved. Because she would even douse him in perfume when he was a puppy, because he has the softest fur. He is fluffy white, and is a very affectionate pet. Until one day last year, the garage gates were opened and he was run over by a bus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently, our dogs are Sarao (askal), a pit bull, and a dachsund. Unfortunately, me and mom are no longer living at our dad's house to really care for them.

We're a family of animal lovers. If there's a business we can run, I guess it would have to be a pet shop.