I'm not exactly sure why some critics have dissed Bon Jovi. The diluted music he recently churns out perhaps? Dunno. Good thing he stopped trying to be an actor tho.

But anyway, as I was trying to dig up some mp3s in my office intranet network (i.e. my officemate's shared folders), I came upon a treasure trove of old and new Bon Jovi songs.

Yes, I embarassingly admit I sung "Bed of Roses" at the top of my lungs. And I enjoyfully did so while washing dishes, with matching lyric sheet taped to the cupboard beside the sink so I can look at it if I dunno what words come next.

What's memorable to me however, are the songs from the Young Guns sound track. Santa Fe, Blood Money, Blaze of Glory ... these were THE songs for cowboys riding off the sunset. Yeah, I had dreamt those kinds of dreams.

Hey! Man! I'm alive! I'm taking each day a night a time
I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night


Back then I've always wanted to be on my own, going to a place where nobody knows me and have that romantic poet / desperado image. I was like, man I'd be real cool, relying on nobody and having the road as the bed I lie on everynight. Well, not necessarily a vagrant >:D I imagine how comfy the chill of the a desert night sky would be while huddling on a bon fire and go sing songs that echo through the fields.

Ah, but that was then. This is now.

I guess this is one joy I'd like every now and then. Stuff I used to dream about.