I went by this strip this morning from PvP Online, dated Feb 28.

~~~

Scratch: Gnnrkh! Oh no. I'm getting smarter.
Skull: Yay! That's great.

Scratch: No! This is awful. I don't want to get smarter than what I am right now.

Scratch: I don't want to be a dumb animal. Or a super-genius. Right now, I am self-aware but I could still enjoy the simpler things in life.

Scratch: I've found the perfect balance, but I can feel it slipping away.

Scratch: This is like "Flowers of Algernon" in reverse.

Skull: Flowers for whatz is?

Scratch: ... Damn. I'm already smarter than you.

~~~

I think this echoes the sentiments I have for the past years of my life. I don't want to become anymore than what I can be at the moment because I feel that it'll numb my perception on how to appreciate a simple life.

I want to enjoy simply being on a beach, or enjoy a really good pasta dish, or sing and listen to music I love. When I live a worrisome life full of concerns about bills, and work, and all that jazz, I neglect the stuff that really matters. I don't want life to pass me by and happen without me knowing.

It sounds stupid I know, I mean there has to be a way to have everything. But, the thing is, I think keeping it at a balance is the thing that will work for me.

I'd like to eat ice cream thinking like it's the best thing in the world, instead of thinking "Hoo-boy, there goes 20. And do I really need this thing?"