The biggest punishment for a care free person is perhaps, give him something to care about.

I don't know what's up with me these days. At the office we had a little meeting late afternoon, and topic changed from things about work, to things about ourselves.

If it was me years ago, I would've stayed quiet and uttered a phrase or two to make me look good. But thanks to having a lunch companion, I've learned to fearlessly talk about myself and how I see the world. I may not be charismatic, but I do know how to tell a story.

This ... this is something I've never done at work. To me work is impersonal, it's something to shine in, something that will serve your ends no matter what they may be.

So in a way, I think I'm in a better place.

Then there's the matter of these pair of eyes that I've been liking to take a look at lately. But as instinct, I try to shut out those thoughts.

They might grow into something horrible.