I came to work yesterday a bit sick.

But it was a good idea going home. Akala ko kase kaya ko e. Pero ayun, I went straight to bed, thinking I could hold off the illness. I thought it was just a normal fever, but the symptoms of influenza are there.

It's hard to imagine though. Thursday, I was fine as a flea. Next morning, I'm incubating a virus. But that's not all there is to the story.

At around 4:00 pm, my temperature kept rising and I couldn't stand straight anymore. Which is bad because I am pretty sure my body is already hungry. That's the thing with flu. It numbs your sense of hunger, and if your body don't have energy, I'll be weak to do much else.

By night time, I was in a state of delirium.

I couldn't open my eyes, and every movement I make is painful. The blood vessels in my head are throbbing, causing pain with every heart beat. My mind is in a loop of senseless thoughts about shapes (which almost occurs to me during delirium).

Then, before I realized it ... I was calling out a name.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketWhy would I utter that? With my head still in pain I went to the sink, soaked a towel with cool water, then went back to bed trying to cool my head. Uttering that name comforted me. But I refused to try and understand but it made me think ... why? Why now? Why you?

The burning fever went on through the night. At about 1:00 am, believing I had enough strength, I got up from bed and went outside to buy myself some more medicine (thank God for 24 hour convenience stores).

It was raining lightly.

Normally it's not a good idea to go out. But I thought it would be nice to get some cool air. So I went out, bumping through everything in sight because I couldn't walk straight, and took about 20 minutes to get to the store.

They didn't have aspirin. Great. So I settled for something else.

My body is probably thirsty (without telling me) so I bought some Gatorade and bread to go with the medicine. Went home, watched some cable, then went back to sleep.

If you can call that sleep. It still bugs me about that name. I can think of reasons why, but I don't want to listen to reasons right now. What good will it do to me anyway?

~~~

I've been meaning to blog about this but it always managed to slip my mind.

You know when you wish for something really bad, it happens in its own way? Not because there's some genie granting wishes somewhere, but it happens because it happens. And sometimes, it's granted not in the way you'd like it to be. But it's there.

Okay, I'm not being specific. One example is that the company I'm in now. I wished for a place that constantly challenges me.

I got it.

There's the second and third more important. But I'll spit it out when the time comes.

I'll let life play this one out. Yeah, I think I'll put that as a new motto.

There are some things in life you can't have control over. There's only so much you can do. So sit back, don't think too hard. Let life play this one out.