- Q.Montejo

This is from last year's June ... sorry, this is 100% mush, because you know, I'm a sucker that way. The quoted lines are from the song You First Believed by Hoku. Made it while listening to that song.

Yeah. I believed you're better than all that. And I still do. No buts.


~~~

"how many times I prayed you find me"

how many wishes i can get from a star
before it fades

"it was you who first believed"

how many stars can I see through a car window
before i have to look back on the road

"it was you looking in my eyes"

how long does the road have to be
before i find you in this vast expanse of night

"and i've never been the same since you first believed"

how many nights do i count still
before it begins giving me warmth

"it was you who first believed"

how much warmth do i need
before i am ok

"in all that i was made to be"

how can i be ok when you keep going away?

"it was you looking in my eyes"

how much farther will you go away
before you stop and look at me

"you held my hand and you showed me life"

how will you look at me
if you're too blind to see through this night

"and i've never been the same"

how many stars do i light up
before you see your reflection in my eyes

"since you first believed ..."

how many stars ... how many stars ...