Like a flower waiting to bloom
Like a light bulb in a dark room
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on


Sometimes when I'm saturated with too much alternative, I like a welcome change with jazz, or some soul music. If jazz would be food, I think it'll be a nice, warm bowl of soup.

Y'know?

You just take it all in and let it flow through you. The smooth beat of the rhythmic percussions and let the vocals let out the emphasis and characterization of the song. The piano or strings weeping out sensually. Yeah, take it all in.

I could imagine being in a room with a jazz performer, warm and dim lights, perhaps enjoying some drink. I don't have to sing. Just sway to the rhythm and let the blues take over.

My glass is waiting for some fresh ice cubes
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
Come on home and turn me on
Turn me on ...