I've rediscovered the joys of listening to the radio ever since I got a new cellphone (I use it more for music than for ... communicating).

Sometimes you just want somebody else to take control of the music you hear. Because, well, it's sort of tiring to listening to the things you want to hear, or exploring new sounds on your own.

Sometimes life is like a radio, ya know?

You don't know what you're gonna get.

And sometimes, sometimes if you wish hard enough ... they play the song you like to hear. Or you get to hear a song you've long forgotten and it all just comes back to you.

~~~

I really have no talent for music, honestly. No matter how many times I pick up that guitar, I never really will become good at it unless my life depends on it.

I play it because .... as Aristotle was quoted as saying:

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire."

There never was a need for talent to want to play one. So go on. Play that guitar. You might be a terrible player, but at least a happy one at that.

And that ladies and gents, makes it all worth while.