Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me; that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.

- Caliban in Act 3, Scene 2 of William Shakespeares', The Tempest

This is a view from outside our backdoor. That's the neighbor's porch on the right. I was experimenting on overexposures and discovered how interesting the night sky can be and capturing subjects that are not 'in a hurry' (i.e. clouds). The ambient, fiery light you see reflecting under the roof is from the embers while we were barbecuing. Cool huh?


One of the most spectacular sights I've ever seen is a night sky filled with stars and counting 18 shooting stars. Or at least I believe they were. So I'm hoping that in one of my travels, I'll have that chance again.