He who reigns within himself and rules passions, desires, and fears is more than a king.
- John Milton

Decided, to my better judgement, not to come to work yesterday.

I probably am being abusive of myself. First symptom: my ailing respiratory system (my immune system must have weakened). I did a similar abuse before, and got my left lung swollen (my heart too? said doctor).

So before I do further damage, all I did yesterday was sleep for about 18 hours total. Yeah, I used to be a sleep monster. Nowadays, it seems sleep is my enemy. I felt like I needed to do a lot of things. But you know, there's only so much I can do with these two hands and a brain.

~~~

Btw, watched GITS: Innocence last night.

I guess I was expecting something else and ignored that it probably is another mental trip (which it was). I got bored and ate dinner before I finished watching.

However, it did reignited my interest with literary works. Hence, John Milton quote above. You know the stuff they did is in English but for some reason, is a bore to understand. But when you do begin to speak with the tongue of the masters, it feels like a whole new awakening altogether.

It's almost like everything you see and feel right now are shallow and simple.

Or maybe I'm just wired to feel that way, I dunno. Heck, not sure if I'm up there to say with authority about these things.

Ah well

*cough*

Time to get some C's.