Your friends may lie
The truth can come from strangers
If I knew why
We wouldn't be in this danger
Leaning out the window of my car
And wishing on another lucky star

Life is long

It is not made to measure
You will go on
The same in pain and pleasure
Wondering how we ever got this far
By wishing on another lucky star

Life goes on
As sure as the sky
It's come and gone
In the wink of an eye
You leave your home
On the wings of a lie:
"You will never die"

The world is cold
A heart gets torn and tattered
The one you hold
It can be dropped and shattered
Leaning out the window of my car
And wishing on another lucky star

Life goes on
As sure as the sky
It's come and gone
In the wink of an eye
You leave your home
On the wings of a lie:
There's a car outside ...
- "Wishing on Another Lucky Star" - J.D. Souther


I'm not sure who amongst you have watched this movie -- before all that Matrix movies, before Johnny Mnemonic, Keanu Reeves (yes, Keanu Reeves!) can act!

Not sure when I saw this, maybe back in highschool as a feature tv rerun, but when I watched it then, it hit a lot of chords in me. It's a story about teenage suicide.

Why commit suicide when there is nothing really wrong in your life?

You see back in highschool, I already have this disturbing thing going on in my mind -- yeah I contemplated suicide. I hated the world because everything felt painful to me. As to expound on that, I can no longer do because I've outgrown it and I'll have trouble trying to find the words needed to describe it. All I could remember is that every morning I wished my bed would swallow me up and let the world forget about me.

Sounds silly doesn't it? But I think these kinds of issues are urgent, and need to be communicated to parents. Because one thing can lead to another, and no matter how foolish as it may sound, it only takes one trigger for all of it to happen.

I think most kids with tormented minds do think of pulling their own plug every now and then. I was no exception.

One time, in one of my old blogs, I came upon somebody with that case. She had a conversation with her uncle that went like this:

"You know, if you die, you will make a lot of people sad."
"So what? Everyone will get over it eventually."
The uncle, stared at her and said, "Exactly."

It took a while for it to dawn on her that what she's feeling about her life right now, she will get over it eventually as well.

Unfortunately, I also came to other cases where the person wasn't saved by a caring uncle. It almost gives out an urge to do something to prevent things like this from happening. So yes folks, things like this do happen and it is real.

Note: I want an mp3 of the song above :( it's a really beautiful song ...