I've been reading Bleach manga which you can download in stoptazmo (along with other greats such as One Piece, HxH, and Gantz).

And it is in the said manga where I have come to appreciate short poems. They're not haiku for sure because there is no metering involved, but some are very cool to me:

Unless I grip the sword
I cannot protect you
While gripping the sword
I cannot embrace you


Bleach is composed of about 60% battle and magical sword-fighting (or more like katana-slicing or samurai-slashing) with the remaining percentage about intrigue, manga-style humor, and all that stuff you see in mangas.

Like the now-licensed Tenjo Tenge, it has parts that philosophize about fighting, and like Tenjo Tenge, I found recurring themes like "to get stronger" or "to protect". Which ofcourse, can get tiring.

However, that usually doesn't get in the way of wisdom (drag picture to status bar to see full size):
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com