Rather than post this a reply to Mesai, I opted to put this as an entry instead.

"I love myself first before others. I love my career and my freedom."
- Realized this when I broke off with my ex. I love my freedom (among a few other things). And I fear, I am loving it too much that I will never fully give myself to anyone. Good thing or bad thing? Time will tell. What's the wisdom in that? I'm letting myself have a chance to complete 'me' without having to live by what other people say. Is it not the stuff of heroes? (well, and maybe villains)

"Yes, they got married because they don't want to grow old alone. And that my dear is my reason."
- I will never marry just so I will not grow old alone. I will marry because I am strong enough to share my life and if I met someone strong of heart and will to want to ride with me. Too unrealistic a condition? Maybe. I need to have at least that to tell myself what road I want to take, and with whom.

"He was first my friend before he became my lover"
- Always a good thing between lovers. That's why when I date, I try to have this "distance", a friendly distance sort of. A chance to be a friend. Because one of the first things I realized, at least in my case, that if I let my heart rule everything, then I've already lost half the battle.

Ofcourse I never mentioned that I don't approve of such a lifestyle as Mesai's aunt. I am raised very conservatively, but thanks to being away from parents in college, an open mind is what I've gained (maybe I've even earned my soul) I wouldn't want it in any other way. My conservativism to keep me out of trouble, and an opened-enough mind to help me not stop learning and observing.

I cannot ask for more.

--

Naks Mesai, di ko alam kung seryoso ka o nakita mong mali plural ko hahaha.