I always admire a powerful woman whenever I see one.

Defiant, unbowing. She may cry yes, but not because it hurts, but because it hurts to fight. She is not a person who knows what she wants, no. She is a person who knows what she must want. She knows she cannot catch a star. But she knows that she can climb up a hill to be at least a few feet closer -- the thought of it -- just to be closer is enough. She feels the ultimate design of her being regardless of how the world turns and how drops of rain mercilessly pound her face -- these are nothing! Her power is not being the yin, but because she turns the yang. And she must push on because she knows she cannot afford being intoxicated by simply fulfilling her mortal desires -- she has a spirit to quench as well! And it is this center by which she must tap in order to be at peace with herself, with her world, and with God.

This powerful woman, a pair of eyes I see when I go out over a cup of coffee, or the eyes that beckon for me to come and look and ask if what she's doing on her computer is right, or the eyes that is not afraid when I look back ... is what I would wish to look at forever and more.