Lately I have been e-mailing my bestfriend, and as usual, we're exchanging banters, being generally our obnoxious selves, she talking about some dirty old man at the office, and me with my usual drama that someday I'll die cold and alone in a gloomy hut on top of a hill, with no warmth and no one loving me.

I usually get a kick out of those lines. And after that, she'd ask me, "So how's your love life"? I was half-expecting that she'd list the women I became enamored with and those that I have ... well ... relations with but this time, both of us know that it's time for some new stories -- of which there are none. I was supposed to tell her that there's more than a couple of new pretty faces at the office, one of them I codenamed 'Britney Spears' because she's britney-pretty and has style too, and there's one that I've accidentally sent an e-mail to (style ko bulok). Unfortunately, the latter has been avoiding me like the plague ever since because I might have come out as a stalker. Which is true in a way hehehe (looked her up at the employees database hehehehe).

Still, I haven't told her these things, because I just might excite her for nothing. I would have told her what I have told my friends -- that my mind is not into it right now. And that's just the funny thing about it all. I am never the black-and-white thinker, always in the gray. Which means, it is true that I'm not thinking about it, but it also means that I am also thinking about it (then again by law of logic, it means I am thinking about it regardless).

Perhaps of all people, she's the only one I truly allow to patronize me and scold me for the things I did and still doing. Ahh, let's drink to that.