Yesterday, I went 'home' to visit my mom. As some of my friends know, my mom is living separately from my dad. I decided to dump a few posessions of mine -- Dragonlance books, Dragon magazines (for the medieval fantasy geek), and two pairs of old shoes. Also, I needed to retrieve my guitar, which I almost kissed upon getting my hands on it.

I'm there for one other reason. I'd like to start giving my family, cousins and nephews, some employment opportunities. I'm an acceptably well-off guy, for someone in a rat race (wouldn't want to be in it for too long though). I'd like for them to realize that going abroad is not the only answer for a great life.

It's right here, the country where we were all born. There is still much opportunity here, and I'd like for people to stop thinking that this is a poor country. If there's a chance of making a difference, then is it not a risk worth taking?

I just want them all to be together. As it used to be.