Worth precedes reward
- Ultima VII

September the 1st I got promoted as a D pay level employee. It has been a long time coming, my peers would say. But I was never the one who demand reward. My work is my reward.

And in all honesty, I would say I don't fully feel rewarded or feel worthy of the reward given. All those times surfing and playing games at the office and all. But yeah, the team wouldn't have gone forward without me. Or would it? In times of need, heroes are always born -- people to fill the gaps. I am sure someone can fill my place. Such is the way in every line of work.

Question now is, what next?

I've been drooling over buying a car. I've donated 9/10 of my savings to buy the family van. Maybe it's time to reward myself. A nice good, Honda Civic 2-door hatchback would do. Oh yessssss ... thinking about it gives me giggles. Still it's a long way to go. Like I said -- I am back to being a pauper :(