Excellent piece. - Quents

--

b.r.u.i.s.e.
- bebang

in this portrait, the woman is praying
her eyes are shut, her lips pursed in secrecy
there is mark on her cheek, already brown
but the colors of the painting are freshly bruised
blue, violet, maroon

i want to purchase her, hang her in my living room
maria cannot say whether it is print or painting
hagod, he calls this technique
cariƱo brutal, it is sometimes called
when we love too much and cannot tell why

you left no marks when you beat me
you clever lover, you pressed your hand over my face
as if i could not bear to see it, or lose it
i could not breath, i flailed, struggled to free myself
this was my prayer

but i had begun to love the hurting
possessed, i gave you bruises you wore like a garland
fragrant with pride
away, i prayed, away
but the purple twilight had descended