Got this from Hifi, from a speech:

--

What's the difference between a vision and a cause? Here's what sets them apart ...

No one is willing to die for a vision. People will die for a cause. You possess a vision. A cause possesses you. A vision lies in your hands. A cause lies in your heart. A vision involves sacrifice. A cause involves the ultimate sacrifice.

Just a word of caution. You must have the right vision, and you must be fighting for the right cause. In the end, right will always win out.

It may take time, and it may take long. But if you have the right vision and are fighting for the right cause, you will prevail. If not, no matter how sincere you are, if you are not fighting for what is right, you will ultimately fail.


--

I knew it all along. I have a vision, but I don't have a cause. Nothing possesses me. So I linger in my own quagmire for the past year :)