Last week I took vacation leave for three occasions: my brother's wedding, a town fiesta, and my niece's birthday.

Now ... being the ignoramus that I am I can no longer write details in my mind for the events, like our trip to Vigan, the taste of bagnet, the sumptuous food prepared for us, the sweet, placid life in Ilocos (which reflects much of our home in Cavite, but even a more laidback for that matter), and a lot of other niceties.

Also, it was there that I was able to eat lobsters the first time. Gods. I must have those again.

As for other things to tell you story seekers, yes my brother got married in an old church, complete with very old, very rich, and very powerful people around to give their blessings to the couple. Yes, my brother is seven years younger than I am, still unproven, and maybe lacking in wisdom, but then again, he's always been the little stromcloud who'd be willing to fight the fight. Which is always a good thing.

And as usual, all throughout I'm my goofy self trying to make something funny for the video cameras to record on tape (yeah, I took a footage of a dog's balls while inside the church). My brother's father-in-law who's the mayor of Ilocos Sur (does that make him my father-in-law too? or uncle-in-law? or none at all so I can call him by his first name :D) is a veritable figure of authority throughout, entertaining guests and being politic here and there, mentioning words like "Chavit", and "Singson", and ofcourse "millions".

Not that it has any effect on me (I am quite the hermit, my action word is "guitars" or "pc games" or maybe anything with a sexual innuendos).

The mayor's wife is a ... how should I say this ... his equal. I guess. She has this sort of eccentricity that makes you uneasy. And my best course of action is to just be in a place where I am with my people. My brother's wife's brothers (brothers-in-law?) are cool people nevertheless. One is a law student and the other, a rocker -- cool at guitars too, which always warm my heart.

Half of the time though, I am plainly bored. What, being always in front of the computer and all and then suddenly exposed to bright light can cause certain withdrawal symptoms. Mainly, the urgent desire to be once again in front of the computer.

What I did to ease away the boredom was to read the book I brought which is about the great economic thinkers: Karl Marx, Malthus, David Ricardo, Adam Smith, etc (to the average reader, mayhaps it is only Marx is the only one who rings a bell).

My reading pleasure was only disturbed one night when my auntie who came with us who has a third eye or something (or posessing some sort of paranormal pheromones) said she saw a kapre on the mango tree just beside the window in our room.

Goddamnit. That prevented me from sleeping that night. Eh well, I'll have more the coming days.

Ok. Enough of that. I'm going to watch some downloaded anime :D